NGS Group Limited (HK Company No 1963940)
NGS Digital Pty Ltd (ACN 630 115 543)
via the website located at ww.ngscrypto.com.
1) Personal information under Australian Privacy Law
Our website address is: https://ngscrypto.com.
- The Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) currently defines “personal information” as meaning information or an opinion about an identified individual or an individual who is reasonably identifiable:
- whether the information or opinion is true or not; and
- whether the information or opinion is recorded in a material form or not.
2) What personal information do we collect?
The kind of personal information that we collect from you will depend on how you use the website. The personal information which We collect and hold about you may include.
- Identity information including first name, maiden name, last name, username or similar identifier, marital status, title, date of birth and gender;
- Contact information including physical address, email address, social media contact details and telephone numbers;
- Social Media information including all information accessible on your publicly available profile such as images, photos, photo tags, likes, followers, comments, posts and stories;
- Technical information including time zone setting and location from which you use out website;
- Marketing and Communications information including your preferences in receiving notices and marketing from us and our third parties and your communication preferences.
3) How we collect your personal information
- We may collect personal information from you whenever you input such information into the website.
4) Purpose of collection
- The purpose for which we collect personal information is to provide you with the best service experience possible on the website as well as communicating with you in relation to our products and services. To a lesser extent, we may also collect personal information to:
- fulfil administrative functions associated with our products and services, for example billing, entering into contracts with you or third parties and managing client relationships; and
- produce aggregated and anonymised analytics and reports, which we may share publicly or with third parties.
- We customarily disclose personal information only to our service providers who assist us in operating the website. Your personal information may also be exposed from time to time to maintenance and support personnel acting in the normal course of their duties.
- By using our website, you consent to the receipt of direct marketing material. We will only use your personal information for this purpose if we have collected such information direct from you, and if it is material of a type which you would reasonably expect to receive from us.
- We do not use sensitive personal information in direct marketing activity. Our direct marketing material will include a simple means by which you can request not to receive further communications of this nature.
5) Storage and retention of personal information
- We may store your information in hard copy or electronic format, and keep it in storage facilities that we own and operate ourselves, or that are owned and operated by our service providers and affiliates. We use both technical security controls and internal processes to help protect your personal information and our website infrastructure from unauthorised access and disclosure.
- We will only retain your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
- To determine the appropriate retention period for personal information, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal information, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal information, the purposes for which we process your personal information, any other applicable law requiring us to retain the data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
- Details of retention periods for different aspects of your personal information are available from us by contacting us.
- In some circumstances you can ask us to delete your personal information or correct information we hold;
- In some circumstances we may anonymise your personal information (so that it can no longer be associated with you) for research or statistical purposes in which case we may use this information indefinitely without further notice to you.
6) Access and correction
Australian Privacy Principle 12 permits you to obtain access to the personal information we hold about you in certain circumstances, and Australian Privacy Principle 13 allows you to correct inaccurate personal information subject to certain exceptions. If you would like to obtain such access, please contact us as set out below.
7) Complaint procedure
You can contact us to notify of a complaint you have concerning the manner in which we maintain the privacy of your personal information. If you have a complaint, please contact us using the details set out below at the foot of this policy.
All complaints will be considered by our privacy officer and we may seek further information from you in order to clarify your concerns. If we agree that your complaint is well founded, we will, in consultation with you, take appropriate steps to rectify the problem. If you remain dissatisfied with the outcome, you may refer the matter to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner.
8) Overseas transfer
Given the international nature of our business, your personal information may be transferred overseas or stored overseas for a variety of reasons. It is not possible to identify each and every country to which your personal information may be sent, however, if personal information is transferred to a country outside Australia, then those countries will likely be limited to Hong Kong (China), Indonesia and South Africa.
If your personal information is sent to a recipient in a country with data protection laws which are at least substantially similar to the Australian Privacy Principles, and where there are mechanisms available to you to enforce protection of your personal information under that overseas law, we will not be liable for a breach of the Australian Privacy Principles if your personal information is mishandled in that jurisdiction. If your personal information is transferred to a jurisdiction which does not have data protection laws as comprehensive as Australia’s, we will take reasonable steps to secure a contractual commitment from the recipient to handle your information in accordance with the Australian Privacy Principles.
In some circumstances, the European Union General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) provides additional protection to individuals located in Europe. Where this is the case in relation to personal information collected from you, there may be additional rights and remedies available to you under the GDPR if your personal information is handled in a manner inconsistent with that law.
10) How to contact us about privacy
If you have any queries, or if you seek access to your personal information, or if you have a complaint about our privacy practices, you can contact using the details below.
As a technology driven organisation, we prefer to communicate with you by email. This will ensure that you will be promptly put in touch with the right person, in the right location to assist you. However, if you would like to write us a traditional letter or call us, you are also welcome to do so.
Australian based enquiries:
NGS DIGITAL PTY LTD PO BOX 1145 North Sydney NSW 2059 Telephone: +61 (02) 8074 3942 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Enquiries from outside Australia:
NGS GROUP LIMITED 12/F Henley Building 5 Queen’s Road Central Central Hong Kong Telephone: +852 5808 3877 Email: email@example.com